Monday 7 June 2010

...In which she becomes slightly disillusioned.....

Well, not so much disillusioned as tired and worn out really.  The vegetarian thing is okay - in the sense that I have no desire really to eat animals at the moment - well, ever, really.  The vegan thing that him indoors has tried to bludgeon us with has only served to make me tired and fed up ( not as a result of turning Vegan - which I categorically am not) but tired in the sense of trying to research the whole vegan issue, specifically from the point of view of kids being vegan and what risks there may be. 

It is understandable of course, one is never going to get a definitive answer to most of the questions in life that really matter when you have to make a decision.  Should I have surgery to try and relieve my chronic back problem?  should we get kids vaccinated in the MMR jab?  would I prefer to be a fish with a human head or a human with a fish head? - you see, the problems are endless and debatable and there are no real answers.

Some things you just do instinctively and know that while they may not be "right" they feel right - helping kids with homework when it is so late and they are so freaked out by the fact that they have not done it in time etc. that you know they will fret and not sleep and therefore make the coming day far worse.  No brainer, get the bloody stuff sorted so they have something to hand in.  You can always go over things like responsibilities, consequences, learning the hard way etc - at another, less stressy time.  Why have arguments with people (grown up or growing up) who are stressed, tired and not thinking straight.  Might as well argue with a drunk or a Jeohovah's Witness. (obviously done both, many times.... but you get the gist.)

Why am I blethering on in this boring and going nowhere vein?  Of course it is because I am tired and have low energy levels and therefore shouldnt even be writing this at all - but, it just goes to show (what?) ... well, that sometimes even when you have low energy you still need to blether things out - I have always found that it is better to get stuff out than keep it in.  In general.  (Unless the stuff is a cat on firework night) (but there again have you tried to keep a cat in on firework night when it is determined to go out?)  Speaking of cats, which obviously I frequently do - one has just jumped straight onto this lap top.  What DO they want from me???

Oh well, I think, on immature reflection that it might be better to have a quick rest and garner what is left of my strength for half and hour before the next lurch into school run, cricket practice, tea making, washing up, blah blah that IS my life if only I could try and accept it gracefully.  Be Seeing You.

No comments:

Post a Comment