Monday 7 June 2010

Dysfunctional? No Dys is....

Yes, yes, yes, I know, I know, I know..... look, I never said  I was going to type out masses of perfectly tried and tested recipes.  I have included my almost entire repetoire earlier on (the three recipes laboriously typed out in the beginning of this Blog).... but, this makes me laugh...

Spawn No. 1 just made his bi-annual attempt to communicate with his doting mother via the mobile telecommunications device.  I was, in the spirit of  "keeping him up to date" in the process of telling him how his younger sibling had, following a huge 'cloggsy' type noise in the bathroom, come limping into my bedroom where I was sitting with Sibling No. (more after this).  Clutching his foot in obvious agony Spawn 2 yelped and hopped around the room.  "What have you done?" - asked the concerned mother, glancing up from her attempt at the crossword .. "I can't tell you, it's too stupid, but it involved the bathroom scales...."

Now, gentle reader, at this point in my relaying this snippet of  family life to the absent University Student on the other end of the mobile phone - said son interrupted to say "well, it's obvious what Harry had done, he was obviously attempting to weigh his own head!"

Well, obviously this is true, and obviously, in the real story that is what I (playing the part of Concerned Mother) said to Harry at the time. But, and but again......

How did we know?

There then followed a deep discussion about the best weigh to way your head (sic) which obviously, "because everybody's done it" is NOT to attempt to use the vegetable scales at the supermarket unless you have an accomplice - because , obviously, you cant read the weight unless you take your head off the scales!

Thats all.  simple really.

No comments:

Post a Comment