Monday 7 June 2010

In which she realises how pathetic she is....

Presumably that should also go under the heading of being slightly disillusioned but - (see above, I rest my case) .  The thing is, well one small thing is - I was trying to change the font type and the size of the font and I just realised with a blinding smack how bloody pathetic I am for not being able to do it.  Why oh why am I such absolute PANTS at everything?????

If I met someone like me I would have to slay them - not only for their own good but because I would not be able to be in their presence for long enough not to.

And yet, and yet......  on the other hand, for in my case there are always two to hand, I know what it's like to be me and must be reasonably comfortable in my uncomfortableness... since I am still me.  and me is still like this.   I indulge I indulge... Shall I wear my trousers rolled?

A SIDE ISSUE  OF VEGGISM (rantette)

I am genuinely amazed, if not a tad pissed off about, the number of "caring" adults who seem to queue up to, and believe me I have thought for literally moments about the next turn of phrase, "have a go" at my children for their decision not to eat animals.

Is it just me or does anyone else think that this is more than slightly "out of order"?

I found out yesterday that the youngest (aged 11) had been told by the Scout Master that she "hated vegetarians" and that kit was going to "have to eat meat at some time" in his life so he might as well "have a sausage"......  um....??????  I must confess to being somewhat at a loss as to what to make of this.

Another recent accostation (is that a word?) was with the same child who was in a car with an adult friend of mine but without me (it is, by the way, interesting that all these friendly fire exchanges take place without me present?!?) - On this occasion kit came in from school somewhat upset and possibly bemused but hey, I have only known him 11 years - I cant be expected to pick the bones out of every single nuance of his emotional states,  saying that he had been told that he would "become ill" if he didnt eat meat.  The adult in this case then rang me up to "apologise in advance" for "getting angry with kit".  I asked if my son had been cheeky or rude or in any way provoked this angry diatribe....?  No, said adult was just "angry that he was not eating meat."

I honestly dont know what to say in this type of situation.     


I have thought and thought about  the whole thing and ....... I still don't know how to react.  Answers on a post card please.

No comments:

Post a Comment