Wednesday 9 June 2010

BOred or BorING....

It has been pointed out to me that I am obviously understimulated and bored (if not drilled) since I waste literally moments of my time typing on this thing (Yes, I am a trained Typist - see Pilot Episode of My Life - therefore moments is what it takes.)

Now, how should I respond to these scurrilous accusations and slurs upon my character?  It should be noted by now, by even the most casual of observers, that the charge levelled against me is not only a dirty truth but an out and out given!  It should also be noted that, while I am not the brightest of bears and infact have been afflicted with the total inability to "think" anything whatsoever, I have also been given the "gift" of a constant stream of words that come into my brain and out through my fingertips while not passing Go and not Collecting the £200.  Therefore - Praps, "Not My Fault".

So - A Note On Boring:

The thing is..... I dont often get "Bored" - my pea like brain is genetically incapable of holding on to any thought for long enough for me to even register it - let alone get bored with it. *

* Note:  except in the case of "Nuggets" - which are random thoughts that get stuck in the filter system and keep me awake at nights.  The "Nuggets" however are usually and eventually filed in the bulging folder marked "Things I Said or/and Did Whilst 'Not of Sound Mind'/Emotionally and Alcoholoically Overwrought"
- It usually takes about 35 years for these "Nuggets of Guilt and Mortification" (to give them their official title - though collectively I think of them as "The Nameless Dread" - to be fully pushed to the back of the mental (sic) wardrobe - they do however have a nasty habit of bunching together like crappy charity shop coat hangers so that if one "nugget" falls out the rest follow a millisecond later in a chaotic and overwhelming heap.

So, where was I?  Yes, Boredom - in the main is not something I generally experience - however, having it pointed out to me that I may indeed be "bored" is something else.  It makes me feel inadequate somehow, as though I should be doing something else - that is obvious to everyone else but not to me.  "Get a Life" ?  What, (TF) does that actually mean?  Should my "Life" be any less valid than anyone elses?  Well, actually, probably yes, I am sure that Mother Teresa's Life was a lot more valid than mine now you come to mention it.... but, in the general run of things, like, you know, she's not the one telling me to "Get a Life".

Now, having nearly got that little crop off my field I am flouncing off now to do some real work.  I may be gone some time.....

No comments:

Post a Comment