Thursday 13 May 2010

It's Not Meat - Just a Bit of Bacon For Flavour!

I swear I have never actually said this.  Lots of people have said it to me though.  What can I say?  Just dont!  It is not only not necessary but who are you trying to get one over?  A little bit of "meat juice" in the veggie gravy?  No.  Leave it alone.  They wont die from lack of flavour!  I suppose it does depend on who you are cooking for and possibly their personal reasons for adopting a meat free diet?  I'm struggling a bit with this but I do actually know "vegetarians" who, for example, "dont count" fish and chicken....

Hmmm.  I will have to leave that train (or should it be 'strain') of thought for a moment. 

2 comments:

  1. Hmmmm indeed. Exactly how reluctant a vegetarian are you?

    Where indeed does one draw the line? Roe & eggs are nearly baby fish & chicks.

    And even if milking doesn't kill the cow, it's still depriving a (potential) calf of its rightful nourishment.

    Reluctant vegan?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I dont really know yet. I have been buying goats milk anyway because apparently it is better for us all round. Also trying to get out of the cycle of factory farming horror that includes dairy cows.

    I would never eat a roe anyway so I am not bothered by that.

    Bit fed up with it all at the moment - him indoors moving the goal posts .....

    ReplyDelete