Monday 2 July 2012

Re-Entry....

I had almost forgotten that I had started this Blog back in the mists of time.... I feel that perhaps I should update my Reader with news of what has been happening since I last posted my inane thoughts.  However, since nothing has been happening I am at a loss.

I can report however, that Him Indoors has decided to embrace the long forgotten art of FORAGING.  Yes, The Enthusiastic Vegetarian with whom I share my life has been out rummaging among nettles and cowslips and attempting to find things to put on our table for food.

Never, ever ever, have I been so GRATEFUL that he is a committed Vegetarian.  I can only imagine the kind of scene I would be confronted with if he was foraging and a CARNIVORE.  However, since I do not have to deal with Road Kill Badgers, Bunnies, Pheasants and the like, nor do I (mental shudder) have to prise fat white grubs out of bits of log for protein, I must give thanks and continue to raid the culinary expertise of my friends at Belleau Kitchen for recipes for the various flora (while leaving the Fauna for other appetites).

2 comments:

  1. you need to purchase Alys Fowler's book The Thrifty Forager... or borrow my copy... it's our bible!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Started following a while ago because I was interested in the concept of your blog. So, good to see you blogging again and good luck with the foraging!

    ReplyDelete