Tuesday 10 August 2010

In Which She Actually Makes Some Food...

Like anyone would care but I have actually managed to produce something of vague edibility. Was from "A Book" but hey, we have all given up any pretence now right? 

Aubergine "Caviar"

Prick an aubergine and stick in microwave for about 5 mins.  cool.  chop.  add to a tin of toms and some crushed garlic (salt and pep) Cook down on hob for a bit until it goes slushy.  cool. (Well, I didnt I just....) Blitz.  Chill.

How easy is that - looks horrible but tastes lovely.  Fill tacos, etc. have with salad. Yum.


There you go.  Not a lentil in sight.  May have to lie down in a darkened room for a bit now. xx

2 comments:

  1. Yum yum, I love this dip with crunchy toasted pitta bread...I like that you add tomatoes to yours though- I will try that next time I make it, ta x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dont thank me thank "The Great Green Cook Book" that I found in a skip recently! Toasted Pitta bread eh? Thats sounds do-able! x

    ReplyDelete